Hyatt announced that a Hyatt affiliate has entered into a franchise agreement with InTown Hospitality GmbH for a Hyatt House hotel in Düsseldorf, Germany, which is expected to open January 2017. Hyatt House Düsseldorf will mark the brand’s entry into Europe, and is the first franchise agreement for a Hyatt-branded hotel in the region, an important step toward increasing Hyatt’s brand representation throughout Europe.
The hotel will be a part of Andreas Quartier, a former courthouse being redeveloped by Frankonia Eurobau Andreasquartier GmbH. Located in the Altstadt (Old Town) district of central Düsseldorf, the hotel will be nearby the Rhine River embankment and Königsallee, the city’s most prestigious street that is home to high-end retailers and theaters. Additionally, the hotel will be a short walk to the city’s main attractions and a 15-minute drive to Düsseldorf International Airport. The hotel’s interior will be designed by Jan Wichers, a renowned German designer whose portfolio includes hotels, restaurants and golf courses worldwide.
Hyatt House Düsseldorf will offer:
- 102 apartment-style Kitchen Suites with fully-equipped kitchens, comfortable living rooms, spacious bedrooms, and stylish bathrooms with complimentary skin and hair care amenities
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and guestrooms
- The Commons, a comfortable lounge with an open and welcoming space for guests to relax, gather and socialize
- 24/7 H Market to meet the everyday needs of guests, from snacks and sundries
- A 24-hour Workout Room to keep fitness routines going
- Gathering Rooms with flexible meeting spaces, audiovisual equipment and a House Host to make sure events are a real crowd pleaser
- Borrows Menu with often-forgotten items from phone charges to razors
- A Very Important Resident (VIR) program, including complimentary grocery shopping, and other personalized perks, for guests with 30 plus consecutive nights
- Additional services, including guest laundry and complimentary grocery shopping available to extended stay guests
There are five Hyatt-branded hotels currently open in Germany, including Park Hyatt Hamburg, Grand Hyatt Berlin, Hyatt Regency Cologne, Hyatt Regency Düsseldorf, and Hyatt Regency Mainz. In addition to Hyatt House Düsseldorf, there are two Hyatt-branded hotels currently under development: Andaz Munich and Hyatt Place Frankfurt Airport.